You are not logged in.

#1 2007-07-24 00:14:27

synthead

[solved] cdrecord flipping out when trying to burn an iso

So here's what I put into a shell ...

[max@myhost Windows 2000 3in 1]$ sudo cdrecord -v dev=4,0,0 W2K_3in1.iso
wodim: No write mode specified.
wodim: Asuming -tao mode.
wodim: Future versions of wodim may have different drive dependent defaults.
TOC Type: 1 = CD-ROM
scsidev: '4,0,0'
scsibus: 4 target: 0 lun: 0
WARNING: the deprecated pseudo SCSI syntax found as device specification.
Support for that may cease in the future versions of wodim. For now,
the device will be mapped to a block device file where possible.
Run "wodim --devices" for details.

It sits at this message for a second, and I anticipate the burn when ...

Unable to open this SCSI ID. Trying to map to old ATA syntax.This workaround will disappear in the near future. Fix your configuration.Unable to open this SCSI ID. Trying to map to old ATA syntax.This workaround will disappear in the near future. Fix your configuration.Unable to open this SCSI ID. Trying to map to old ATA syntax.This workaround will disappear in the near future. Fix your configuration.Unable to open this SCSI ID. Trying to map to old ATA syntax.This workaround will disappear in the near future. Fix your configuration.Unable to open this SCSI ID. Trying to map to old ATA syntax.This workaround will disappear in the near future. Fix your configuration.Unable to open this SCSI ID. Trying to map to old ATA syntax.This workaround will disappear in the near future. Fix your configuration.Unable to open this SCSI ID. Trying to map to old ATA syntax.This workaround will disappear in the near future. Fix your configuration.Unable to open this SCSI ID. Trying to map to old ATA syntax.This workaround will disappear in the near future. Fix your configuration.Unable to open this SCSI ID. Trying to map to old ATA syntax.This workaround will disappear in the near future. Fix your configuration.Unable to open this SCSI ID. Trying to map to old ATA syntax.This workaround will disappear in the near future. Fix your configuration.Unable to open this SCSI ID. Trying to map to old ATA syntax.This workaround will disappear in the near future. Fix your configuration.Unable to open this SCSI ID. Trying to map to old ATA syntax.This workaround will disappear in the near future. Fix your configuration.Unable to open this SCSI ID. Trying to map to old ATA syntax.This workaround

BAM!  That's not what I meant by -v! big_smile  What's going on?

Also, I am in a situation where I have only 75 MB of free disk space, does cdrecord need a hard drive buffer or something?

Last edited by synthead (2007-07-25 21:36:34)

#2 2007-07-25 10:42:36

synthead

Re: [solved] cdrecord flipping out when trying to burn an iso

bump

#3 2007-07-25 21:33:16

synthead

It does this on my desktop too.

#4 2007-07-25 21:36:16

synthead

well ... dev=/dev/cdrw works big_smile

#5 2007-07-26 02:42:36

Misfit138
Misfit Emeritus

Yes, I believe the old dev=0,0,0 naming convention has become deprecated. I use # wodim speed=2 dev=/dev/cdrom -v nameofiso.iso
As root, works great. wink

#6 2008-06-21 17:18:50

Filosofem

thanks for adding the note here, very helpful tongue

Board footer