You are not logged in.

#1 2007-07-29 16:33:53

dax

kit audio 5.1 problem with speaker-test and kde

hi at all,
i'm setting up my new kit audio 5.1 and i still having problem.
first of all i have found a wiki in which it said to create a ~./asoundrc with this line:
pcm.!default {
type plug
slave.pcm "surround51"
slave.channels 6
route_policy duplicate
}

but it was creating more problem than i have had, for example xine was crashing and kde sound wasn't good.
so i have tryed to mv to .Trash this .asoundrc and all have start to work again.
xine don't crash and kde sound are good.
after i have deleted old file of xine too and restarted x.
installed a xineui, i have setup xine.
with driver i have selected alsa and not auto, checked a52.dynamic range and surround 51 as output.speaker arrangement.
also setup into alsamixer 6 channel and in amarok audio 5.1 and as output plugin alsa.
shutdown the pc, without x i have tryed speaker-test:
speaker-test -Dplug:surround51 -c6
i listen working the 2 frontal and the 2 rear but nothing by central and subwoofer.
using speaker-test i have correct the jack on my audio card onboard, just inverted 2 jack to see sound from the correct speaker where speaker-test was giving me at monitor.
done it, ctrl+c and startx.

just at startup of kde don't listen sound by the 2 rear speaker and by the center but subwoofer is working, the same in amarok. it seem an audio 2.1 only the 2 frontal speaker and subwoofer works.
now i don't know what i can do, because in speaker-test center and sub don't work, and using kde the 2 rear and center don't work.

i'm searching on google/linux but don't have solved my problem.

edit: i think it could be usefull know how i have plugged the 3 line-out of my audio kit. by using speaker-test i have placed
the lime plug for the frontal speaker on the line-out onboard plug lime too,
the black plug for the rear speaker on the microphone onboard plug color pink,
the orange plug for the center/subwoofer on the line-in onboard plug color light blue

edit2: before wite a post here i have written one into another forum, here: http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/arch-l … post492163
hope to help you to help me:)

hope to have help, thx for reading my post.
bb big_smile:D:D

Last edited by dax (2007-07-30 00:00:50)

#2 2007-08-03 18:29:28

dax

Re: kit audio 5.1 problem with speaker-test and kde

actually i have tried to setup a ~/.asoundrc following this wiki
http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php/Alsamixer
i have the.asoundrc as the wiki told with the JACK, i have appended jackd to the daemons array and created a new file
/etc/conf.d/jackd with this line
SERVER_PARAMS="-s -d alsa"
DRIVER_PARAMS="-d alsa --device jack51 --inchannels 2 --outchannels 4"

now xine don't crash but however my 5.1 doesn't work.

with speaker-test i see sound by righe and left of fornt and rear but nothing by sub and center.
by X i listen work the 2 frontal and sub but nothing by center and rear.

really i don't know what i can do.
help me please.

Board footer