You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-16 02:44:15

SyXbiT
Website

problem with gnome-do autostart - probably related to compiz

I noticed that (what a brilliant idea) attempting to access the options of gnome-do without compositing results in an hrad crash. no warning, just a crash
I threw away my POS ATI card (well, sold it) and got an nvidia, with the primary reason being compiz.
the way I start compiz is by putting 'fusion-icon' in the sessions, but i also have gnome-do in the sessions.

I'm getting a problem that gnome-do never starts up automatically (at least not the docky theme)
I'm pretty certain the reason is cause gnome-do tries to launch before compiz iz fully up and running, and therefore doesn't load

is there a better way to load compiz?
It seems really stupid to have to load up metacity, and then load compiz after, and override it. very stupid.
Surely there's a way (like in other distros) to start with compiz from the beginning. (i've read the wiki, but it doesn't see so)

#2 2009-02-25 01:53:18

a0peter
Website

Re: problem with gnome-do autostart - probably related to compiz

I had the same problem as you, and I solved it by making a script like this to solve it:

#!/bin/bash
sleep 3s; compiz-manager --use-cow gconf &
sleep 1; compiz-decorator-gtk --replace &
sleep 1; gnome-do

Then just add it to the start up. You could load everything in there if you want to have full control.

Last edited by a0peter (2009-02-25 01:54:03)

Board footer