You are not logged in.

#1 2010-01-13 19:19:24

Nielssonnich

GDM/GNOME not loading

Hi. Just got my Acer Aspire 1410 and decided to install Arch like on my previous laptop and this time to use GNOME as desktop environment. Well.. It's working (writing from Epiphany right now), but when I start GDM nothing happens, it just starts X (and displays a cursor in the middle) and then freezes and does nothing.. But if I switch to e.g. tty1 and then back it loads instantly and I can log in.. Same thing happens when I log in, it freezes and I have to switch to tty1 and back before anything happens. It's kind of annoying and I don't know how to fix it..?

BTW.. Used Ubuntu on this machine for at day or two before going back to Arch, and nothing like this ever happened in GDM.

- Niels

/Edit: Same thing happens when using SLiM as login manager (SLiM loads fine but when logging in (exec gnome-session) nothing happens until I switch to tty1 and back)

Last edited by Nielssonnich (2010-01-14 18:24:59)

#2 2010-01-14 10:43:59

coiote

Re: GDM/GNOME not loading

First sorry for my bad English, I hope you can understand me. The same here! I'm using Arch64 (gnome 2.28.2), and every time I try to get into gnome it just starts to X (and displays a cursor in the middle). I have installed Xfce4 and it does not happen. Any idea how to solve this problem?

Board footer