You are not logged in.

#1 2024-05-13 20:36:51

rasmuoy

iGPU Passthrough

Hi,

I've more or less given up - but posting in the hopes that someone might have a tip for me that I haven't tried.

I'm attempting to pass through my UHD 770 iGPU (i9-13900K) to a Windows 11 guest VM.

IOMMU is active, and works great for other stuff - with pass-through enabled.

The GPU is on its own group.

iGPU is blacklisted and 'lspci -nn | grep VGA' only displays my Nvidia GPU.

The device looks like I would expect.

lspci -nnk -d 8086:a780
00:02.0 Display controller [0380]: Intel Corporation Raptor Lake-S GT1 [UHD Graphics 770] [8086:a780] (rev 04)
        DeviceName: Onboard - Video
        Subsystem: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. [MSI] Device [1462:7d89]
        Kernel driver in use: vfio-pci
        Kernel modules: i915, xe

Essentially everything looks great, and good to go.

For windows I end up getting just the dreaded Error 43 - which I think is driver related. I've installed the newest Intel drivers, and nothing seems to help.

I've tested in an Ubuntu VM as well for fun - and it shows up as a 'Display controller' instead of 'VGA compatible controller' as I would have expected, and I don't get any image through the connected HDMI screen - using the built in HDMI port in the motherboard.

If I try to boot either without the QXL display attached they don't boot, and I can't ping the machine, so any RDP or VNC etc connect is out of the question. If I boot with the QXL display, it takes a few minutes on a black screen before it seems to "fail over" to the QXL display, and then boots normally, but with the issues mentioned above.

I'd be happy to use SRIOV, but it doesn't currently seem to be supported on the newer kernels. Currently using 6.8.9-arch1-2

Using the MSI Z790 Carbon WiFi motherboard.

If this is a lost cause for now due to drivers or motherboard support, any recommendations for a single slot, fairly cheap GPU that would be easier to pass through for my setup? I'm not trying to game or anything on the Windows VM, I just need the GPU to run opengl software - so very little power is required.

Appreciate any tips!

Board footer