You are not logged in.

#1 2010-07-02 20:17:16

indianahorst

xscreensaver stopped working since last xorg update

Hello,

since the last xorg update a few days ago, xscreensaver seems not working correctly anymore. I'm using the "lock" and the "power management" functions. I use it with the "Blank screen only" function.

If the "lock screen after" field is checked, the screen is never locked and the display never blanks and goes never into standby or suspend mode.
If the "lock screen after" field is NOT checked, the screen doesn't blank, but goes into standby/suspend mode after the configured time.

Can anybody confirm this strange behaviour of xscreensaver?

Greetings, indianahorst

#2 2010-07-06 12:48:16

raphix
Website

Re: xscreensaver stopped working since last xorg update

I also observed that xscreensaver behave rather oddly since the last xorg update: when the machine goes idle, it locks the screen but exits X after a while (I haven't tried to debug, I just noticed that I am now regurlarly prompted to re-login, with all my X work lost).

I just tried to tweak a few things through xscreensaver-demo, perhaps it will fix it, I'll let you know.

configs files on github  -- keep up the good work, arch devs

#3 2010-07-07 09:54:39

cygoh

raphix wrote:

I also observed that xscreensaver behave rather oddly since the last xorg update: when the machine goes idle, it locks the screen but exits X after a while (I haven't tried to debug, I just noticed that I am now regurlarly prompted to re-login, with all my X work lost).

I just tried to tweak a few things through xscreensaver-demo, perhaps it will fix it, I'll let you know.

I have the same problem. Hope you'll find a fix and share it.

#4 2010-07-07 14:03:10

tuxom

Same problem here too, I thought someone restart my computer when  i came back from lunch !!!

I switch off xscreensaver to see if the problem occurs again

#5 2010-07-09 16:33:07

indianahorst

Next very annoying problem with xscreensaver:
I'm using VLC as video player with the option "disable screensaver" activated. When I have played a video from an external USB drive and then try to umount it, then umounting is blocked by several processes of xdg-screensaver and sleep and I have to kill them by hand.

Board footer