You are not logged in.

#1 2010-09-22 17:05:32

JoeJoe

Conky is blocking my click

Hello,

I have a conky looks like this

|                                                                                                                                   |
|                                                                                                                                   |
|                                                                                                                                   |  <= Yup, Unnecessary.
|                                                                                                                                   |               But, I got too much free time in my hands...
|___________________________________________________________________________|

It's transparent(real/true transparent). Openbox margins keeps the full screen out of it. 

But I sometimes drag consoles and other small windows under the conky. This way I don't forgot them when I work on a full screen window. The problem is conky blocks my clicks; when I drag something to there, I can still see it, but I cannot drag it back.
I want my conky to be on top, just like "own_window_type panel"; but I also want it to not to interfere with my clicks, just like "own_window_type desktop". Am I wanting too much?

Last edited by JoeJoe (2010-09-22 17:08:49)

#2 2010-09-22 18:57:17

Varg

Re: Conky is blocking my click

I don't know whether something like that is possible in Openbox but you can always move windows with "Alt + Leftmouse" or "Alt + space" -> M and move with the arrow keys.

#3 2010-09-23 11:39:32

JoeJoe

went through the whole conky docs, my eyes started to hurt, in case anybody else wonders about this; it is no possible. But it might be done with the help of an another software, maybe...

#4 2011-02-05 09:21:57

Tofe

It may be too late, but if you're still using Openbox, I just saw this other thread that might help you:

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php … 09#p618109

Last edited by Tofe (2011-02-05 09:22:16)

#5 2011-05-31 08:28:38

ssuuddoo
Website

I use the "easystroke" mouse gesturing tool with a defined gesture for the Ctrl+Menu button and can roll up the main menu anywhere or anytime. big_smile

Board footer