You are not logged in.

#1 2010-10-14 04:06:19

k3ttc4r
Website

Mouse button 10 in PekWM / xdotool for modkey and mousebutton

I've switched from Openbox to PekWM recently, but there is one thing that's really bugging me.

I own a Logitech mouse with 10 buttons, and in OB I was able to bind button 10 (under my thumb) to window movement, so that I can hold the button anywhere in the window to move it, just like ALT-Button1 does.

If I try to set button 10 in Pek, nothing happens.

So, I thought, maybe I can just map that mouse button to "ALT-Button1", and everything should be just dandy. Yeah... but no!

I tried accomplishing this with xbindkeys and xdotool, since it looked like that's just what I would need for this task.
First, I tried

"xdotool keydown alt mousedown 1"
b:10

"xdotool keyup alt mouseup 1"
release + alt + b:10

in my .xbindkeysrc, but nothing happened. So I tried mapping b:10 to just "alt", without mousedown/up, just to see what would happen, and it turns out that it works - sorta. The modifier works for keypresses, but not for mouseclicks. For example, if it's mapped to "alt", I can hold down b:10, and press F4 to close a window. But I can not hold b:10 and b:1 to move a window. Out of curiousity, I mapped it to "shift", and it turns out I can type capital letters, but I cannot post to xterm with b:10 and b:2.

To cut a long story short - I thought I'd turn to you cracks here to see if anybody knows how I can map my b:10 to alt+b:1. Or - even better - how I can just tell Pek to move my windows when I hold b:10.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by k3ttc4r (2010-10-14 04:07:18)

arch64   ||   github | dotshare | blog

Board footer