You are not logged in.

#1 2010-11-02 02:06:32

Dhekke

Gnome-Do result window doesn't appear

Hi, I've just finished my first Arch installation and there's one last hiccup that's bugging me.

Whenever I have Metacity composite turned on, the result window in Gnome Do doesn't show up when I press the down arrow, as it should. Even if I mark "Always show results window", the first time I open Do, the results window show up, but from the second on, no luck.

If I disable composite everything works fine, but it's not because of the classic theme, as I've tried using it with composite on, but the same thing happens. Anyone got this behavior or knows how to fix it?
Thanks.

#2 2010-11-02 04:09:12

Hyugga

Re: Gnome-Do result window doesn't appear

Try installing Compiz, it always worked better than metacity composite in my laptop...

#3 2010-11-02 04:49:47

Dhekke

I had Compiz installed and tried it a little bit, but it wasn't working right (no window borders for some reason), and since I had no need for it besides making Gnome Do look better, seemed a bit like overkill so I uninstalled it. I never noticed this bug while I was trying it on... I'll try reinstalling it and making it work right and post back my results.
Thanks

[Edit]
Using Compiz solved the problem, but the OS got a bit slower, even when I disabled pretty much everything I could... nothing unbearable, but noticeable. Besides, the Emerald themes aren't very nice...

Last edited by Dhekke (2010-11-02 15:41:48)

#4 2010-11-02 21:58:03

Hyugga

Install gtk window decorator, for the window borders.

pacman -S compiz-decorator-gtk

Good luck!

#5 2010-11-03 05:06:00

Dhekke

Ok, after much tweaking and bug-solving... Compiz it is. I believe that ends all my configuration for Arch (except for the font rendering, which isn't very nice but I don't know what else to do and it will have to do for now)

Thanks for the help

Board footer