You are not logged in.

#1 2010-11-03 02:47:16

GSF1200S

Rhythmbox Lyrics in Context Pane

Im really not sure where this gripe came about, but for some reason Rhythmbox only shows "Loading Lyrics for [Songname] by [Artist]" in the context pane whenever a song is played. However, if I hit Ctrl+L to bring up the lyrics window, the lyrics show just fine. Running gentoo stable (which still uses Rhythmbox 0.12.8) the context pane works perfectly. Both the Artist and Albums portions work fine. It should also be noted that Gentoo runs python 3 in a slot, while gentoo stable is still using python 2 as the primary..

Im not sure if this is due to the python update (the plugins concerned are python), or the new version of Rhythmbox. I keep getting build errors when trying to build Rhythmbox from ABS, both 0.13.1 and 0.12.8. Does anyone have a fully up-to-date system with Rhythmbox that works as it should? I know for example Ive had to change a number of scripts to use /usr/bin/python2 as opposed to /usr/bin/python to avoid issues, but im not seeing where that can be done with Rhythmbox.

Im mainly trying to see if this is reproducible on other's systems, and whether this is a bug to take up with Rhythmbox devs or whether this should be an Arch bug report. Thanks..

Last edited by GSF1200S (2010-11-03 02:48:10)

#2 2010-11-03 15:47:50

fancy_ninja

Re: Rhythmbox Lyrics in Context Pane

i'm having the same issue with rhythmbox 0.13.2 regarding lyrics...

"You speak like a green girl, unsifted in such perilous circumstance."
- William Shakespeare, Hamlet, I.iii

Board footer