You are not logged in.

#1 2010-11-06 15:21:50

JPr
Website

'Eject' button not unmounting optical disc

I just migrated from Ubuntu to Arch last week. Although the road was a little bumpy due to my own boneheaded mistakes, it's running great now on my new laptop. I just have one or three minor issues left to nail out.

Let me preface by saying that I searched the forums and with Google, but didn't find a solution to this problem yet. big_smile I'm using latest Gnome with a fully updated system.

My optical drive (a Matshita DVD-RAM UJ890AS) does not seem to be sending an unmount signal when I hit the physical eject button on the drive, so although the disc tray ejects just fine, it appears as mounted until I reinsert the disc and click the 'Eject' command via context menu. The drive is being controlled by udev/udisks (I assume) and is not in /etc/fstab. Problem exists regardless of what is being used to mount the drive.

A (two year old) post on a forum suggested adding "dev.cdrom.lock=0" to sysctl.conf but that didn't fix it for me. There's no errors that I can see in the logs or via dmesg when I hit the physical eject button, so I'm stumped.

Other than this the drive works fine.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by JPr (2010-11-07 21:51:01)

(  ' ')ノ ⌒●~*

#2 2010-11-18 13:10:01

grubshka

Re: 'Eject' button not unmounting optical disc

Hi,

I have the same problem on my laptop, seems to be a udisks problem. I didn't find anything concerning that so I filed a bug on udisks (https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=31712).
Manual ejection does not unmount it (should be unmounted by udisks), but the "eject" command do it well.

Cheers,

Board footer