You are not logged in.

#1 2010-11-13 14:23:29

whitetimer

Crappy Fonts with Java Apps .....

Well having spent days trying to get the fonts sorted out on Archlinux & Openbox, i was finally down to the Interface on Java Apps looking rubbish.

To resolve this i added the following to ~/.bashrc

## Set Java Fonts
export JAVA_FONTS=/usr/share/fonts/TTF
export _JAVA_OPTIONS='-Dawt.useSystemAAFontSettings=on'

Just thought i would Shared with the community, just incase anyone else suffers with the same problems

big_smile

#2 2010-11-13 14:44:52

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: Crappy Fonts with Java Apps .....

Sharing this is appreciated, but the proper place for this would be the Archlinux wiki. What you post in the forums gets lost pretty quickly, what's in the wiki is easily reachable.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2010-11-13 14:45:19

llawwehttam

Thanks. I have been having this issue for a while now.

#4 2010-11-13 15:35:23

whitetimer

@ngoonee

Isn't that where the search facility comes in handy and yes a little tweak such as that would probably be better placed in the wiki ....

@llawwehttam

It had me pulling my hair out trying to find a solution, so i am pleased to have helped you out ......

#5 2010-11-13 17:52:11

thestinger
Package Maintainer (PM)

#6 2010-11-14 11:30:56

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

whitetimer wrote:

@ngoonee

Isn't that where the search facility comes in handy and yes a little tweak such as that would probably be better placed in the wiki ....

@llawwehttam

It had me pulling my hair out trying to find a solution, so i am pleased to have helped you out ......

Search is limited in application, you'd have to be pretty specific in how you search. I remember an old sci-fi novel I read where there were people whose job was merely to craft 'probes' (in the age of google, search terms) into large computer databases. Without those 'probers' nothing of meaning would ever be found, even though all human knowledge existed on those databases.

In general, if something is meant to be a hint for others, the forum is the worst place to put it. First preference is to patch upstream, second to update the wiki, third to post in the ML, last is forums. Some may disagree on 3rd and 4th, interchanging them, but the first and 2nd options are pretty clear.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer