You are not logged in.

#1 2010-12-09 01:27:19

Odyssey

I shut down my Ubuntu 10.04 (which was recently upgraded from 9.04 to 9.10 to 10.04) and moved the computer to another location with a different monitor, keyboard, mouse.

When I booted, a screen came up stating:

The disk drive for /mnt/foobar is not ready yet or not present.
Continue to wait; or press S to skip mounting or M for manual recovery

"Foobar"  ??????? Sounded like a joke!

I then tried M to manually recover. It went to the shell and said it was starting a recovery routine, then immediately reverted to the prompt with no feedback. I exited the shell and it went back to the warning message, so this time I pressed S to skip. It seemed to start normally.

I used Chrome for awhile and then attempted to start Firefox. Instead of starting, Firefox threw up a message:

Could not initialize the application's security component. The most likely cause is problems with files in your application's profile directory. Please check that this directory has no read/write restrictions and your hard disk is not full or close to full. It is recommended that you exit the application and fix the problem. If you continue to use this session, you might see incorrect application behaviour when accessing security features.

I continued and it crashed and threw up a Mozilla Crash Reporter.

I tried to uninstall FF and reinstall but no improvement.

I restarted the computer again and again attempted to start FF with the same result. Then attempted to start Chrome but now it would not start

Re-started the computer again (beginning to sound like a Windoze problem?) and this time started Chrome which started normally. Made no further attempt to start FF as by now I know what is going to happen.

Anyone have any idea what is going on here? Do I reinstall 10.04, or what other action?

#2 2010-12-09 01:28:40

Allan
Pacman
Website

Re: message: foobar is not ready yet or not present ?????

Ask on the Ubuntu forums for Ubuntu help....

#3 2010-12-09 01:45:29

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#4 2010-12-09 08:28:54

litemotiv
Forum Fellow

That was really weird...

ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Board footer