You are not logged in.

#1 2010-12-12 05:40:30

mjohnson

Mashed/compressed command line output

This is rather hard to describe, but after installing Arch on a new machine not long ago, I noticed that in the output of certain programs, some characters were partially or entirely hidden behind others.  That is, it appears that certain letters are mostly missing, but little bits of them are still visible behind characters that come later on in the output.  If I select the output with my mouse, and copy and paste somewhere else, the entire output is there...it's just not all visible on the command line.  Though, as I select with my mouse, the specific text my mouse is over becomes visible and other, adjacent characters are hidden.  So far I've seen this running yaourt, as well as in vim (which is really a pain).  I use Konsole.

Here's a screenshot, showing the output of `yaourt -Ss digikam`:

snapshot1.png

Notice how various text fields seem to run into each other, and the end of each field gets clipped.  As I said, I see the same behavior within vim, so it's not limited to the output of any particular program.  Any ideas what's causing this?  Is it a Konsole thing, or could it be related to X somehow, or maybe something else I haven't thought of?

Board footer