You are not logged in.

#1 2010-12-18 21:20:47

johanbcn

How do I clone the console in dual monitors with a nvidia videocard?

Hi,

I have two TFT monitors, one of 24" with a HDMI/DVI input and another of 17" with a VGA input. My nVIDIA videocard only has a DVI output (primary) and a HDMI output (secondary), so I'm forced to use the 17" monitor as primary until I hit the X server.

The thing is that with an Archlinux fresh install I get the console cloned on both monitors, which is great, but once I install the nvidia propietary module (my guess is that it happens because of it) I only get the console on one monitor (the primary monitor, the one of 17").

So, how can I get back the console cloned on both monitors?

Thanks,
- Johan

#2 2010-12-18 23:51:04

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: How do I clone the console in dual monitors with a nvidia videocard?

Use the open-source driver. Oh, but you lose things like hardware 3D acceleration....

The nvidia binary doesn't focus on ttys at all (for ages and ages you couldn't even get to the TTYs if you had started X up, with some nvidia cards).

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer