You are not logged in.

#1 2010-12-21 22:05:25

Archie_Enthusiasm

[SOLVED]sudo pacman -R NameOfApplication...

Whenever I install an app from the repo, I just type
sudo pacman -S theApplication,
Then it downloads the application, checks the integrity of the downloads and install the application.

Whenever I remove an app, I just type
sudo pacman -R theApplication
Then it just removes the applications.

But whenever I want to install the removed app again after a while by doing sudo pacman -S the Application,

it does not download the application but directly starts installing this. This means that the application is somewhere on the hard drive. Therefore I want to know how I can remove an app completely. => next time when I want to install the app again, it should download it again, check the integrity and install it.

How can I do it pro App individually? What I do now is I just sudo pacman -Syu => It then updates the complete system. After this the downloaded but deinstalled app is really gone.

Any ideas?

Last edited by Archie_Enthusiasm (2010-12-21 22:35:40)

#2 2010-12-21 22:16:32

Foucault

Re: [SOLVED]sudo pacman -R NameOfApplication...

pacman -Sc will remove any uninstalled packages from the cache (/var/cache/pacman/pkg). I'm not entirely sure if it removes older versions of upgraded packages though (I guess it should). pacman -Scc will remove all packages from the package cache.

#3 2010-12-21 22:17:56

teh
Website

pacman -Rns to remove dependencies and backup files https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pa … g_packages
pacman -Scc te clean cache.

Read the wiki.

arst

#4 2010-12-21 22:20:28

linux-ka

It just installs the still existing pkg file on your hard drive. Feel free to delete it from /var/cache/pacman/pkg. Else use ABS, this will always download a new source tarball.

Or...

man pacman

With -Sc you can remove unused packages...

#5 2010-12-21 23:19:03

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

As has been pointed out: please read man pacman or the wiki before posting here.

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

Board footer