You are not logged in.

#1 2010-12-28 19:08:30

grantd

Bacula help?

Hey Everyone,
I am still kind of new to Linux, but have gotten the hang of installing laptops and configuring them for my need.  Now I am trying to do a backup server and from scouring the internet, it seems Bacula is my best bet for software since I plan to go to tape.  After spending many hours already, I am just lost on what to do.  I installed MySQL from the repository and Bacula from the AUR and both installed fine.  I followed the note at the end of the install:

Note:
==> Please don't forget to config your MySQL database for the program.
==>
==>  1. If you have not init your msql DB yet, run mysql_install_db.
==>  2. Run /etc/bacula/scripts/grant_mysql_privileges. This script creates database user
==>     'bacula' with unrestricted rights to the bacula's database. The
==>     script create  user is without any password. You may want to edit
==>     the script before run it.
==>  3. Run /etc/bacula/scripts/create_mysql_database to create the Database
==>     Bacula.
==>  4. Run /etc/bacula/scripts/make_mysql_tables to create tables used by bacula.

but when ever I try to start BAT, it fails to connect to the director.  I have bacula and mysqld in the deamons array in rc.conf (mysqld is before bacula).  Any help would be great, because trying to follow the guide on bacula.org is just confusing.

I have an Exabyte VXA2 drive and a Quantum LTO4 half-height drive, both attached via SCSI and are internal drives.  I plan to use both of them, the LTO4 for all my data, full once a year and incrementals weekly, and the VXA2 for pictures, files, and programs I have written/developed as fulls every month.

Thanks in advance,
Grant

Board footer