You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-02 21:45:47

Hyugga

Adding an image during boot time.

Hi everyone, i was looking for adding some boot splash image to my arch (like suse, ubuntu, or window$), but there is more than one method to do this. Some ones are more dificult, involving a kernel patch or something.
I saw the wiki for:
-Gensplash
-Splashy
-Fbsplash
-Bootsplash

So, what is the easiest method to have a fancy boot splash image for a newbie like me?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Hyugga (2011-01-02 21:52:32)

#2 2011-01-02 22:39:27

jelly
Administrator

Re: Adding an image during boot time.

Just take a look at the wiki and use the easiast wink

#3 2011-01-02 23:34:39

Hyugga

Ok, i used the Fbsplash method because it looks like the most easy way and it was.
It loads correctly but it's shown only when the modules are being loaded.
First, load the initramfs and uvdev (text mode), the splash is shown (arch-black), then it disappear and go back to text mode to load the locales and daemons.
Is there any way to show the splash for the entire boot process? or, load the initramfs and uvdev, then show the splash, load every thing else (don't go back to text mode), and show KDM?

Thanks in advance.

#4 2011-01-03 02:14:56

Hyugga

I changed some options in the /etc/conf.d/splash and i rebuilt the kernel image with mkinitcpio -p kernel26.
So, there is the GRUB, text mode appears, it loads some stuff (udev for instance) then, the archlinux message appears, load something else and the splash screen pops up. Then KDM appears. So far so good. Shutting down and rebooting also shows the splash screen.
But this only happened once! now, there's some error saying: Theme not found: 'arch-black'...

I don't know what the problem is.

Board footer