You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-09 04:34:20

triumphguy

[SOLVED] Bluetooth Stereo Speakers

I'm trying to connect my laptop to a Bluetooth Stereo device (A2DP).  I'm using the Blueman GUI to setup the interface.  It connects to my Bluetooth speakers and shows that it is sending data but I get no audio out of the speakers.  Are there any settings that I'm missing for routing audio?  I've tried Pandora and Gnome Player with no luck.

Ronnie

Last edited by triumphguy (2011-01-09 19:31:01)

#2 2011-01-09 15:05:52

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: [SOLVED] Bluetooth Stereo Speakers

You don't say what sound system you're using. Blueman works with pulseaudio, if you're using straight Alsa you need to mess around with your .asoundrc.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2011-01-09 19:30:41

triumphguy

Sorry didn't convey all the info.

I'm using alsa with the pulse audio plugin.  I solved my issue by installing the package pavucontrol.  You can then select the appropriate digital output.

#4 2011-01-10 01:08:59

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

I don't think you read the pulseaudio wiki page, it specifically mentions pavucontrol as a frontend, which you'd obviously need to control anything.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer