You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-15 22:05:09

Archie_Enthusiasm

[SOLVED]Something very strange happens with my Namoroka

Hi guys,

I am having trouble with my Namorika web browser. The problem is that I can not access any google services (google search, google mail, google docs actually everything that includes google in its domain name) for some certain periods of time. Sometimes I can access them just as usual. Sometimes it just waits for the google service to be loaded (seeing white blank page saying in the connection bar for example connecting to www.google.com). Fortunately, I am running on my archlinux 64 bit OS also a guest OS of windows 7 in virtualbox. So when I see this kind of behaviour in my archlinux, I start my guest OS and go ahead surfing there. Using my windows 7, I really do NOT have any kind of problem like this. It works just fine with Firefox, IE 7, etc... So this tells me that this is nothing related to my machine's network configuration (say MAC addres or ip address etc...). Therefore i would say this is no banning or something ... also there is no reason that this should be happening :-)

Has someoned had this kind of problem before? I am struggling to find out what could be the reason. I use wireshark to see the traffic. the name is resolved always correctly. But the content of the website just does not come back to me from the server side. It takes too long until for example www.google.com is loaded. It takes about 30-40 secs.

Please help.

Last edited by Archie_Enthusiasm (2011-01-23 18:53:15)

#2 2011-01-16 19:15:31

ChoK

Re: [SOLVED]Something very strange happens with my Namoroka

When this happens can you connect to another website? The name is resolving correctly but can you ping the adress?

Can you try in archlinux with another browser when this is happening, maybe links/lynx if you want to stay lightweight but chromium/midori/rekonq/opera are also an option.

Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness.
Picasso
Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away.
Saint Exupéry

#3 2011-01-17 23:28:49

ludwis

I know it sounds improbable, but you can't rule out banning or something similar. I read that google tracks users using cookies. So when you switch to another system you may be identified as another user (go here for details). Try disabling cookies and see what happens. Some time ago I had similar issue, but it only happened few times, so I didn't investigate. Maybe a proxy server would help.

#4 2011-01-18 22:35:21

Archie_Enthusiasm

Hi,

nslookup www.google.com works just fine. When it does not work with firefox, I tried it with epiphany. Epiphany also does not receive the content from google.com or google-related all websites. Only browsers in my guest windows os work fine at that time. I can ping google.com on my linux. EVERYTHING WORKS FINE EXCEPT GOOGLE services when accessed by Namoroka and epiphany. And while it is happening, I CAN visit other websites without any problem on my linux. It is getting annoying, because when I visit a website which contains a frame like <src bla bla ... href="$google$"/>, it also waits (meaning blank page for about 30-40 secs). The reason is simple. This another website is waiting for google content to be loaded first.

Do you have any ideas guys? Let's say google is banning my client using their cookie stuff. But why would they do this? :-) I do not think that this is because of google.

Last edited by Archie_Enthusiasm (2011-01-18 22:37:43)

#5 2011-01-20 09:12:46

ludwis

Ok, I assume there is no problem with your connection. Despite wireshark results please try to connect google using ip address. Did you try using a proxy server. And did you clear Namoroka's cache and disable cookies?

#6 2011-01-20 22:21:08

Archie_Enthusiasm

I tried using a proxy server. With proxy server, it goes fine. What I mean is I tried to access google inside namoroka but using a proxy. It was working and still works just fine.

I tried to connect to google.com or youtube.com using the ip address which I got through nslookup. It is also not working. What I mean is I can not access google both using the name and the ip address.

I tried to access google after removing everything in cache. it is same it does not work. I did not try disabling cookies. I will try it later. Now google works just fine for some time. I am 100% sure that I will have the chance to try disabling cookies. I am waiting for the moment that this strange behaviour happens again.

#7 2011-01-23 18:53:36

Archie_Enthusiasm

seems like there was a problem with name resolution.

Board footer