You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-27 13:41:02

zalomelov

Slim and Command Line Login

Hello!

1)
Recently I have installed Slim login but still appears the default command line login for 1 sec approx.
I know this is not a problem however I want everything going the way I want.
What should I do?

2)
The openbox section in the arch wiki says to execute this: exec ck-launch-session openbox-session
but ck-lauch-session is not found so I disabled it and everything (I think) is running ok.
Should I run it?

Thanks!

Last edited by zalomelov (2011-01-27 13:47:45)

Not good in English!

#2 2011-01-27 16:05:34

ewaller
Administrator

Re: Slim and Command Line Login

zalomelov wrote:

but ck-lauch-session is not found ...

I assume that is a typo, otherwise that could be the root of your problem.
Without ck-launch-session, you will likely have trouble with things that depend on dbus.

As to your first problem...  I don't see the issue, but you could try this -- Go into /etc/inittab.  Pick one of the c1 through c6 lines and comment it out.  That will prevent the log in prompt from appearing on the associated tty port.  Then make sure that slim runs on that tty.  It probably would be easiest to comment the c1 line.  This mean that tty1 can no longer be used as a console, but 2 through 6 still can.  This works out pretty well because slim conflict with the tty of the port on which it was run.  It steals keystrokes rendering the tty unusable.  I have not tried this, but have left it as an exercise for the reader smile

Last edited by ewaller (2011-01-27 16:07:25)

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

Board footer