You are not logged in.

#1 2011-02-04 15:44:38

orschiro
Website

[Gedit] Replace text

Hello guys,

I often work with Gedit to edit my LaTeX documents. However it's a bit unproductive because I can't select whole parts conveniently and in a fast way. One example when this is needed:

\begin{itemize}
        \item select this complete text automatically with a shortcut
\begin{karte}[]{select this complete text automatically with a shortcut}[]

In such cases it's simply annoying that I have to select the phrase with the mouse or manually when I want to replace it. Isn't there any way to have a shortcut that automatically recognises the selection between for example two brackets?

Hopefully you understand what I'm looking for. smile

Regards

#2 2011-02-04 18:07:53

lagagnon
Website

Re: [Gedit] Replace text

Are you using this gedit latex plugin? : http://live.gnome.org/Gedit/LaTeXPlugin

Philosophy is looking for a black cat in a dark room. Metaphysics is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there. Religion is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there and shouting "I found it!". Science is looking for a black cat in a dark room with a flashlight.

#3 2011-02-04 18:33:15

orschiro
Website

Yes I do. I think Vim provides that feature by the visual mode? Is there something similiar for Gedit?

#4 2011-02-04 19:27:38

lagagnon
Website

I thought that plugin might have what you need, if not you are out of luck as gedit is fairly basic as a programmer's editor (in comparison to vim). And yes that edit action you want is available in vim.

Philosophy is looking for a black cat in a dark room. Metaphysics is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there. Religion is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there and shouting "I found it!". Science is looking for a black cat in a dark room with a flashlight.

Board footer