You are not logged in.

#1 2011-02-17 17:22:34

sbfreak

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 artwork

For personal reasons I want to make my desktop look exactly like this:
http://distrowatch.com/images/cgfjoewdlbc/redhat.png
I've searched but I couldn't find anything except for some redhat-artwork rpms for RHEL 3 and 4 (also in AUR)
No trace of the wallpaper/icons or the used font.

#2 2011-02-17 17:45:36

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

Re: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 artwork

unless you change your name to Ladislav Bodnar, it will be difficult to get it exactly the same or you would just have to assume his identity.

Seriously, you are better off asking on the Red Hat forums about where you can get their base icons and wallpapers

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

#3 2011-02-17 18:16:51

sbfreak

unless you change your name to Ladislav Bodnar, it will be difficult to get it exactly the same or you would just have to assume his identity.

Good one:P
I'll try thanks for the suggestion.

#4 2011-04-01 12:08:05

I'mGeorge

that looks like a standard gnome desktop, it looks pretty much just how a GNOME desktop should be after a fresh install. Anyway if you wanna change the gnome panel icon with the red hat logo see this handy tutorial http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=498890. You just have to play with the /home/user/.icons folder, nothing hard but it can be a lot of time consuming involved.

:-) if you wanna change your username to Ladislav Bodnar, log in as root and in your terminal do

usermod -l  Ladislav Bodnar old_name

For the background, I don't know where you could find it but you could download that image, and edit it with GIMP. Cut from it as much as you can so the icons and gnome task bars won't show, save it and apply it as a stretched background.

What you have in the upper right corner are the usual gnome applets, it's just a matter of right click on the upper task bar and choose Add to panel. In the left of the upper task bar are  icons that can be deleted with a right click on them choosing Remove from panel and they can be replaced by drag and drop other icons, like icons of firefox, tomboy notes and so on. It's really intuitive.

By the way greetings from Suceava

Last edited by I'mGeorge (2011-04-01 12:08:41)

I've first installed Arch in March

#5 2011-04-01 15:13:14

sbfreak

Greetings from Barlad big_smile

Thank you very much for the tutorial.
My post was truly misleading and I apologize for that.(damn,because of that you even explained what gnome applets are band how they work o_0,when I said exactly I was reffering to the wall,gtk and icon theme)
I tried what you said with the wallpaper,didn't look just as nice so I abandoned the idea.

I was thinking maybe there's a dedicated page like those over at CentOs have
http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Style/Di … Wallpapers
or maybe some packages like xubuntu-icon-theme ,light-themes etc.

Board footer