You are not logged in.

#1 2011-04-16 17:48:00

natostanco

weird pulseaudio attitude

I experience something strange, to get my audio and microphone working good I need to keep the pavucontrol app opened. without this control app opened output and input sound is all about lag freezes and stuttering etcc...
actually I don't mind keeping opened the actual control since I need it anyway to switch between my 2 soundcard but I would like to know why it has this behaviour.

#2 2011-04-17 08:39:32

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: weird pulseaudio attitude

natostanco wrote:

I experience something strange, to get my audio and microphone working good I need to keep the pavucontrol app opened. without this control app opened output and input sound is all about lag freezes and stuttering etcc...
actually I don't mind keeping opened the actual control since I need it anyway to switch between my 2 soundcard but I would like to know why it has this behaviour.

Buggy alsa drivers, this is related to some buffering PA normally does to minimize battery usage. With pavucontrol open PA minimizes its buffer because its displaying the audio output 'live'.

Google for tsched=0 or something similar to find out more about it.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer