You are not logged in.

#1 2011-04-20 14:51:32

theorigamist

[SOLVED] LXDE default desktop menu

I've just installed Arch on my Eee PC 1000 with LXDE.  I'm using compiz instead of OpenBox, and at some point, I right clicked on the desktop and selected the option "Show menus provided by window managers when desktop is clicked".  As it turns out, compiz doesn't seem to have any menus, so when I right click I just get nothing.  To get the menu back, I tried:

pcmanfm --desktop-pref

But unselecting that option does not appear to do anything.  I still get no desktop menu.  Is there some config file somewhere that I need to edit?  Or any other thoughts?

EDIT: Some additional information: attempting to change my desktop background, either via pcmanfm -w or pcmanfm --desktop-pref does not change my background.  So it looks like I've lost the ability to alter my background.

EDIT: In /etc/xdg/lxsession/LXDE/autostart, I had to change the line

@pcmanfm --desktop --profile lxde

to

@pcmanfm --desktop

This let me change the background and gave me back the desktop menu.  However, I don't totally understand why.  In particular, I'm not sure what the "lxde" configuration profile is.  There's no /etc/xdg/lxsession/LXDE/lxde file, and there's no ~/lxde or ~/.lxde either.  So I'm not sure what profile was loading before.

Last edited by theorigamist (2011-04-20 15:33:14)

Board footer