You are not logged in.

#1 2011-05-03 12:16:26

georgelappies

Install on virtualbox and then transfer to other system?

Hi is it possible to run the installation on virtualbox (main reason is my only access to the internet is 3g and can access the net from within virtualbox). Once the system and a gui is installed. can I transfer the system to my main harddrive and boot into it?

#2 2011-05-03 14:13:15

Mr.Elendig
#archlinux@freenode channel op

Re: Install on virtualbox and then transfer to other system?

You can actually connect to 3g on the install cd, depending on what modem you have. All the tools you need are on the iso. (protip: use http://releng.archlinux.org/isos/)

Evil #archlinux@libera.chat channel op and general support dude.
. files on github, Screenshots, Random pics and the rest

#3 2011-05-03 14:31:00

georgelappies

Thanks for the reply. Is the directory you pointed me to the latest version of Arch? And I forgot to mention that this laptop of mine is the only access to the net. So if something should go wrong during the non-trivial installation I would have no means of requesting assistance from you good people.

If at all possible I would prefer to install into the vm and then transfer the vm files to the real disk. Is this possible?

#4 2011-05-03 17:41:14

Mr.Elendig
#archlinux@freenode channel op

You can easily transfer the install using eg samba, just copy everything to the real partion, update fstab and the initcpio, install a bootloader and you are set.

Evil #archlinux@libera.chat channel op and general support dude.
. files on github, Screenshots, Random pics and the rest

Board footer