You are not logged in.

#1 2011-05-22 16:08:55

lswest
Website

GTK3 applications treat all keystrokes as dead keys

I noticed this after re-installing my system after a major hardware upgrade yesterday.  In any gtk3 application (evince, nautilus, gedit, etc.) any and all keystrokes are treated as dead keys (i.e. hitting the key twice results in the desired character).  I have no idea where this may be coming from, but it works fine in google-chrome, urxvt, Skype, texmaker, blender, etc.  I have played around with my keyboard settings in xorg.conf, but since it works fine in all my other programs, it seems to be a problem elsewhere.  I also set my keyboard layout in gnome-control-center.  Possibly related: Nautilus refuses to change icon themes.  Also, repeatedly clicking with the mouse (going through a menu/settings, for example) causes no mouse clicks to be registered at all.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Last edited by lswest (2011-05-22 16:15:57)

Lswest <- the first letter of my username is a lowercase "L".
"...the Linux philosophy is "laugh in the face of danger". Oops. Wrong one. "Do it yourself". That's it." - Linus Torvalds

#2 2011-06-04 14:14:11

lswest
Website

Re: GTK3 applications treat all keystrokes as dead keys

So far I have noticed no change in this behavior.  I've moved some settings folders (.gconf, gedit, gnome-session, etc.) but to no avail.  My laptop has showed no signs of this problem, and I am stumped as to where else I should look for the problem.  Any suggestions/comments would be welcome!

Lswest <- the first letter of my username is a lowercase "L".
"...the Linux philosophy is "laugh in the face of danger". Oops. Wrong one. "Do it yourself". That's it." - Linus Torvalds

Board footer