You are not logged in.

#1 2011-06-18 11:42:38

Unia
Website

[SOLVED] CPU scaling

Hello all,

I'm looking for some way of power management on my system, now that I don't want to use gnome/xfce-power-manager. I already had cpufrequtils installed, and now I installed laptop-mode-tools along with acpid too.

However, both laptop-mode-tools and acpid control cpu scaling, along with cpufrequtils that I already had installed. Will this conflict with one another, and if so, what is best to remove/tweak?

I already set the laptop-mode-tools cpufreq options the same as I have configured in cpufrequtils, so I don't think they'll conflict with eachother. Now what about acpid? Also, to make sure cpufrequtils won't conflict with laptop-mode-tools, would it be wise to completely comment out /etc/conf.d/cpufreq?

Last edited by Unia (2011-06-18 22:13:49)

If you can't sit by a cozy fire with your code in hand enjoying its simplicity and clarity, it needs more work. --Carlos Torres

#2 2011-06-18 13:28:45

Mr.Elendig
#archlinux@freenode channel op

Re: [SOLVED] CPU scaling

As long as the govenor you want to use is set it really doesn't matter what tool you use. All any of the tools you mentioned does is really just echo "ondemand" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor  etc

Evil #archlinux@libera.chat channel op and general support dude.
. files on github, Screenshots, Random pics and the rest

#3 2011-06-18 22:11:20

Unia
Website

Re: [SOLVED] CPU scaling

So if I set them all to use the ondemand governor, all will be fine? Consider this solved then smile

If you can't sit by a cozy fire with your code in hand enjoying its simplicity and clarity, it needs more work. --Carlos Torres

Board footer