You are not logged in.

#1 2011-07-10 07:44:13

SiegeMachine

Resize partition broke wireless

Title says all.  I was running out of room on my home partition for linux so I resized it taking a chunk of the unused space on my windows boot to add to my linux partition.  The operation went without a hitch.  The computer boots both OSes without a problem and linux doesnt have any errors during boot.  Doing an lsmod shows my wireless drivers (brcmsmac) and if I reload the drivers and do an ifconfig wlan0 down ifconfig wlan0 up and restart the wicd daemon as well it doesn't seem to help.  It doesn't seem broken but when I scan for networks nothing shows up, yet if I reboot into backtrack or into windows and scan I can see networks (backtrack uses wicd as well but some strange reason the networks only show up occasionally on backtrack where as on Arch they don't show up at all, and on windows they show up just fine).  Its a bit confusing to me and I'm not sure what got broken, if anything.  I can try plugging into lan when I get the chance and do an syu and hope that fixes some things possibly.

Thoughts are appreciated

#2 2011-07-10 09:56:24

SiegeMachine

Re: Resize partition broke wireless

Ok so I'm home again now and tried scanning and I can see servers now.  I really don't understand why any servers weren't showing up on linux while I was at school but I could see them when I was on windows. Maybe just a fluke?

#3 2011-07-11 04:48:03

doorknob60

Re: Resize partition broke wireless

Maybe just a fluke I guess, since it works fine now. Also, always make sure that darn hardware switch usually on the front or bottom of the laptop isn't switched off. Those switches have given me my fair share of pain before thinking wireless cards were broken and whatnot tongue

Board footer