You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-01 17:57:58

mastrgamr
Website

eth0 does not exist

Ok, so I recently installed a broadcom wl wireless driver to obviously get my wireless card working.
I went to the AUR (http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=19514), installed it, rmmod b43, ssb, modprobed wl and added it to my MODULES array as instructed.
I rebooted my machine and all hell breaks loose (I'm using wicd for network connections btw) I can't find any wireless networks around so maybe to package wasn't the correct one for my driver? my wired connection is fine at this time and something broke, i think it's because i accidentally deleted my default Wired connection settings in wicd, but I'm not sure. so then I did a network restart and I start getting the eth0 does not exist message in my terminal. Now my wired connection does not work.

right now i'm on fallback mode and wired connections are working fine. I'm not sure where to go from here, at this point I 'pacman -R broadcom-wl' from my machine and removed the items from the rc.conf array and the problem is still there, except when i'm on fallback mode.

Coming from Ubuntu, New to Arch! -- 8/1/2011
Trying to dual boot Arch Linux with Mac OS X, on MBP -- 4/22/2013

#2 2011-08-01 18:04:21

mastrgamr
Website

Re: eth0 does not exist

... I'm lost, not sure what happened once again but things are fine now, as I said in fallback mode I removed the AUR package I installed. Now i'm rebooted into my normal login and everything is working fine again. sorry for the wasted post I just spent about 20 minutes trying to google/figure out what went wrong, and it seems just removing the package was enough

I wish there was a way to delete posts on here...

Coming from Ubuntu, New to Arch! -- 8/1/2011
Trying to dual boot Arch Linux with Mac OS X, on MBP -- 4/22/2013

#3 2011-08-01 18:44:39

mdschechtman

Re: eth0 does not exist

You can try messaging a moderator or just change the title to [SOLVED].

Tide goes in, stain comes out. Never a miscommunication.

Board footer