You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-09 14:32:26

akshay2000
Website

NetworkManager not working!

Hello, friends! I 'm done with install of Gnome3 on my Arch. Now the problem is that, NetworkManager is unable to connect to the wired network. It correctly finds the WiFi networks and everything works fine. Its just that, when I plug in the cable, it says connecting but doesn't establish connection. After some time, it says disconnected. However, when I use network daemon, everything works fine (but I don't know, how to access wireless networks as there's no GUI.) Can anybody tell me what's going wrong with my network manager?

By the way, I was just wondering, how do you add a .py script to startup? Actually, its a very tiny python2 script which communicates with the authentication agent of my work network and logs me in to the firewall. To run it manually, I have to type 'python2 filename.py' in the terminal. In Ubuntu, I remember having startup section to which I would add the script. However, at least in Gnome3, there is nothing like that. I'd like to know, in case anybody wants to help!

Thanks in advance.

Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure!
Windows Phone app for Linux!

#2 2011-08-09 15:54:26

karol
Archivist

Re: NetworkManager not working!

#3 2011-08-10 10:50:23

akshay2000
Website

Re: NetworkManager not working!

Great! That solved my problem! I got the Gnome GUI startup section by running gnome-session-properties. Thanks a lot. Now, if one could solve the original problem, it would be great!

Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure!
Windows Phone app for Linux!

Board footer