· DO NOT post full resolution screenshots! You can use the "mogrify" command (pacman -S imagemagick) to make a thumbnail of your screenshot:
$ cp screenie.png thumb-screenie.png $ mogrify -resize 250x250 thumb-screenie.png
Sizes Twenty percent of the original size is great for 1024x768 screenies. For bigger sizes (and especially for multi-monitor setups), we ask you to keep in mind not everyone uses broadband, and use an even smaller size (10% of a Full HD setup will still be 192x180, for example). NOTE: Anything wider than 250px or over 50Kb in size will be removed.
You can then upload these images to your server and use the following code to show them on the forum:
*Thanks to Thayer for the screenie (more...)
· Several websites offer free image hosting.
Use the "thumbnail for forums" link code that is supplied by the image host to post your thumbnail link.
· Once the new month begins please do not post new screenies in the old threads.
· If the screenshot has questionable material that might not be safe to view while at work or in a school setting, please post only a link and not a thumbnail, along with a mention of "Not Safe for Work". Posts that do not adhere to this are subject to deletion without notice at any time.
· Please try to include any links to your wallpaper or configs that you may have and/or the names of your icon theme, running apps, DE, etc. in the same post to reduce unnecessary clutter later.
***** Your screenshot will be replaced by a reminder if you do not follow these guidelines *****
* As a simple way to include information about your setup in the screenshot, you can use a tool like Archey, screenfetch or screenfo (all in AUR) to print out details about your window manager, font, shell etc., with a very attractive ASCII Arch logo...
Pretty happy with this minimal setup. My configs (dotfiles and dwm files) are in my signature. The file manager is Thunar and the other half is wifi-select.
I'm in love with herbstluftwm. I used to really like Awesome and DWM, but I don't think I could go back now, at least on my big monitor.
Everything's in my github (except htop).
Like your setup, and quite lovely wallpaper there.
Last edited by Cloudef (2012-07-01 16:05:11)
changed every bit.
emacs dunst stumpwm
and finally got notifications from irssi and the mixer to show me volume in the mode-line....
Last edited by simon.swe (2012-07-01 16:55:15)
nice setup simon.swe!
what font are u using in dunst?
There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign. --R.L Stevenson
Btw, "Veripuu" means "Blood tree"
Yep, I know I have translated songs from this album.
By the way, I was always curious how one can read these characters and how fast is it - they're too small and complicated IMO.
I totally love it! And i'd be really happy if you could share your colors or your .Xresources )
Oh and I wanted to ask if I you can tell me where to get this cool script for the hdd on your second screenshot And thanks )
Here my colors on my personal Github: https://github.com/Ypnose/Madfiles/blob … Xresources
And the program used it dfc, a kind of df with bar and much more, created by a lad. You can find it on AUR.
i think its dfc you can find it in the aur.
... making my background go from black to grey ...
That's radical! Does black and grey count as wallpapers? Nice and minimal.
Last edited by hesse (2012-07-01 21:56:57)
"You know what I found? Right in the kernel, in the heart of the operating system, I found a developer's comment that said, `Does this belong here?`" -- Simon Lok about Linux kernel in 2005
Reflections on the Strange and the not so Strange
That looks great. I'm going to shift WM's once I get my laptop back from the shop. I'm torn between DWM and herbstluftwm