You are not logged in.

#1 2012-08-04 15:30:58

Leajon

start thunderbird error:SQLite is too old ...

I just installed Thunderbird by pacman:

pacman -S thunderbird

and when I try to run thunderbird. the bird tell me :

The application has been updated, but your version of SQLite is too old and the application cannot run.

sudo pacman -Qs sqlite, my sqlite is the newest.
Can anybody help me? Thx a lot ):

#2 2012-08-05 00:43:54

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: start thunderbird error:SQLite is too old ...

First, this is the wrong forum, these are not AUR packages.

Second, I found many entries for this in a quick google search, most of them claiming to be solved.  Have you looked at those?

Third, saying something is "the newest" isn't as informative as saying which version it is.  Have you done a `pacman -Syu` lately?

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#3 2012-08-05 01:09:54

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Moving to Newbie Corner...

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#4 2012-08-05 15:20:50

Leajon

Trilby wrote:

First, this is the wrong forum, these are not AUR packages.

Second, I found many entries for this in a quick google search, most of them claiming to be solved.  Have you looked at those?

Third, saying something is "the newest" isn't as informative as saying which version it is.  Have you done a `pacman -Syu` lately?

google is forbidden in my place, I just download thunderbird from mozilla.org. and it worked. Thx anyway.

#5 2012-08-05 15:22:27

Leajon

jasonwryan wrote:

Moving to Newbie Corner...

sorry for posted in  wrong place.

#6 2012-08-05 22:10:22

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Google is forbidden??  Well I mean "google" in the generic sense anyways, whatever search engine you use would return similar results.  Technically I used duck-duck-go.

I suspect and update "pacman -Syu" would have been a better fix than installing software without it being managed by pacman.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#7 2012-08-07 14:11:28

Leajon

Trilby wrote:

Google is forbidden??  Well I mean "google" in the generic sense anyways, whatever search engine you use would return similar results.  Technically I used duck-duck-go.

I suspect and update "pacman -Syu" would have been a better fix than installing software without it being managed by pacman.

U R right, but most site are Blocked by a firewall, no search engine is available.Fortunately, archlinux.org and mozilla.org are not in the filterlist.

Board footer