You are not logged in.

#1 2014-02-01 23:22:29

jlacroix

[SOLVED] systemd-journald errors

I set up a MythTV box the other day based on Arch (basically Arch+Openbox+Mythtv) and I get strange errors on shut down. It goes by extremely fast, but what I'm able to catch is:

systemd-journald failed to write entry 25 items

And some other stuff.

I'm not sure if it's related but in dmesg I see:

File /var/log/journal/eaa2513b7edf4267912b45e38d85d0e1/user-1000.journal corrupted or uncleanly shut down, renaming and replacing

I've deleted the entire /var/log/journal/eaa2513b7edf4267912b45e38d85d0e1 folder so it would be regenerated, but it didn't help.

Also, I've Googled this issue and found a bunch of topics with symptoms that match mine, but none of them have any solutions.

Last edited by jlacroix (2014-02-02 05:15:28)

#2 2014-02-02 05:15:10

jlacroix

Re: [SOLVED] systemd-journald errors

Solved, I managed to trace this issue to Myth TV. I disabled mythlogserver and that fixed it:

killall mythlogserver && chmod -x /usr/bin/mythlogserver

#3 2014-02-02 05:39:44

WonderWoofy

Seems like this isn't really a solution, but a workaround.  You have at lease found what is causing the issue.

Maybe this should be something to report to upstream?  I don't really know though since I don't use mythtv at all.

#4 2014-02-02 05:49:06

jlacroix

WonderWoofy wrote:

Seems like this isn't really a solution, but a workaround.  You have at lease found what is causing the issue.

Maybe this should be something to report to upstream?  I don't really know though since I don't use mythtv at all.

It's a solution for me in the sense that mythlogserver doesn't provide any service that I care about. Perhaps MythTV hasn't been updated for Systemd yet? I really don't know much about Myth TV, I only use it to play pre-recorded videos on my TV using a remote.

#5 2014-02-02 05:54:06

WonderWoofy

I don't know, that is why I posed the possibility of sending an upstream report as a question...

Have you tried XBMC?  I use that and it is pretty great (of course I have no other point of comparison).  It also appears to have infrared remote control support (lirc) and also has android remote control application that works quite well (and some nice unofficial ones as well).

#6 2014-02-02 05:58:39

jlacroix

WonderWoofy wrote:

I don't know, that is why I posed the possibility of sending an upstream report as a question...

Have you tried XBMC?  I use that and it is pretty great (of course I have no other point of comparison).  It also appears to have infrared remote control support (lirc) and also has android remote control application that works quite well (and some nice unofficial ones as well).

No, I've not had a reason to try XBMC because MythTV has worked so well for me. I'm not sure what XBMC's capabilities are, but in Myth TV I was able to create custom menus using XML for my games, which is very helpful (I prefer to do this by hand, so I avoid the mythgame plugin). This HTPC is working _extremely_ well, I'm just trying to eliminate errors so I can take a clean image of it in case it needs to be restored down the road. I noticed another error regarding cgroup stating "option or name mismatch" on shut down which from what I'm reading appears to be harmless but I'm still investigating this one.

Board footer