You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-21 00:04:12

mrgreen7

[SOLVED] Why do the glog packages differ between Arch & Ubuntu?

I'm failing to get a university project to run on Arch. On Ubuntu I made it work. It comes down to the fact that the  glog package on Arch seems to be different from the one offered by Ubuntu.

Specifically, the Ubuntu version has a dependency on gflags while the Arch version does not which is the cause for my trouble. When running "ldd libglog.so.0" on Arch and Ubuntu it also reports this dependency on Ubuntu but not on Arch. The actual problem on Arch is then that the glog options are not listed as gflag options. Or in other words, the integration between gflags and glogs is missing.

I spent hours to figure this out and want to get a better understanding in how these issues arise. After all, the package has the same version in Arch and Ubuntu. So how come they are different?

Any idea how I can make it work on Arch?

Last edited by mrgreen7 (2016-05-21 09:29:36)

#2 2016-05-21 00:26:06

TheChickenMan

Re: [SOLVED] Why do the glog packages differ between Arch & Ubuntu?

You could use ABS to compile a version of the package with the options that you need.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_Build_System

If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet.
Niels Bohr

#3 2016-05-21 13:25:33

Lone_Wolf

Re: [SOLVED] Why do the glog packages differ between Arch & Ubuntu?

mrgreen7, look at  PKGBUILD

AL builds glog with default settings, ubuntu appears to use something else.
You could try asking the ubuntu maintainer what settings they build glog with.

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

Board footer