You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-08 13:55:35

morganm5201
Member
Registered: 2016-06-08
Posts: 10

Start Job times out for sys-subsystem-net.devices-eth0.device

Hi all, new Arch user here. Really quick, I'd just like to say thanks to everyone in this awesome community, I've enjoyed every minute that I've been a part of it.

Okay, so on startup I get "start job running for sys-subsystem-net.devices-eth0.device" for a minute and a half. It then times out and my system continues to boot up. There are otherwise no problems with my system, I'm using wifi and my network connection is fine. It's just that I have to wait for a minute and a half each time I boot up my system and I'm not sure how to fix it. I've looked through some related posts, but as far as I can tell, none of the solutions work for me. I imagine it's a pretty simple fix, but I just don't have the expertise.

Any help would be much appreciated, and additional info will be provided upon request.

Offline

#2 2016-06-08 14:40:29

yance
Member
Registered: 2015-05-19
Posts: 9

Re: Start Job times out for sys-subsystem-net.devices-eth0.device

Try this https://github.com/systemd/systemd/comm … e247557770. Just remove "After = network.target" from systemd-user-sessions.service unit. But you better make backup for original file rather than just modified the file.

Last edited by yance (2016-06-08 14:43:30)

Offline

#3 2016-06-08 15:10:12

morganm5201
Member
Registered: 2016-06-08
Posts: 10

Re: Start Job times out for sys-subsystem-net.devices-eth0.device

@yance, thanks that did it!

Offline

#4 2016-06-09 14:10:21

Dersheep
Member
Registered: 2014-09-08
Posts: 3

Re: Start Job times out for sys-subsystem-net.devices-eth0.device

Hi ! I have the same error "Start Job times out for sys-subsystem-net.devices-eth0.device".

@yance I tried your solution but I didn't find the file systemd-user-sessions.service.in in /usr/systemd directory ... Can I copy it inside the directory ?

Thx for your reply !

Dersheep

Offline

#5 2016-06-09 19:19:11

sjaak
Member
From: The Netherlands
Registered: 2016-05-30
Posts: 16

Re: Start Job times out for sys-subsystem-net.devices-eth0.device

yance wrote:

Try this https://github.com/systemd/systemd/comm … e247557770. Just remove "After = network.target" from systemd-user-sessions.service unit. But you better make backup for original file rather than just modified the file.

I don't find this a proper way to resolve the issue.

I'm no Linux expert, but it seems like it's just delaying the startup job to not be detected in Linux. It will resolve the issue that you have to wait for 1 minute 30, but it doesn't resolve the underlying issue.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Offline

#6 2016-06-10 09:13:02

yance
Member
Registered: 2015-05-19
Posts: 9

Re: Start Job times out for sys-subsystem-net.devices-eth0.device

sjaak wrote:
yance wrote:

Try this https://github.com/systemd/systemd/comm … e247557770. Just remove "After = network.target" from systemd-user-sessions.service unit. But you better make backup for original file rather than just modified the file.

I don't find this a proper way to resolve the issue.

I'm no Linux expert, but it seems like it's just delaying the startup job to not be detected in Linux. It will resolve the issue that you have to wait for 1 minute 30, but it doesn't resolve the underlying issue.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah it is true. Just a temporary solution.  But that trick just reverting back units: systemd-user-sessions.service from systemd-229.
I found another solution from g+ group (posted by Nguyen Van Anh):

sudo rm -f /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/dhcpcd@eth0.service
sudo rm -f /var/lib/dhcpcd/dhcpcd-eth0.lease

Offline

#7 2016-06-10 09:20:19

yance
Member
Registered: 2015-05-19
Posts: 9

Re: Start Job times out for sys-subsystem-net.devices-eth0.device

Dersheep wrote:

Hi ! I have the same error "Start Job times out for sys-subsystem-net.devices-eth0.device".

@yance I tried your solution but I didn't find the file systemd-user-sessions.service.in in /usr/systemd directory ... Can I copy it inside the directory ?

Thx for your reply !

Dersheep

Wrong folder. The unit in folder /usr/lib/systemd/system/

Offline

#8 2016-06-15 12:12:26

Dersheep
Member
Registered: 2014-09-08
Posts: 3

Re: Start Job times out for sys-subsystem-net.devices-eth0.device

Yance wrote:

Yeah it is true. Just a temporary solution.  But that trick just reverting back units: systemd-user-sessions.service from systemd-229.
I found another solution from g+ group (posted by Nguyen Van Anh):

sudo rm -f /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/dhcpcd@eth0.service
sudo rm -f /var/lib/dhcpcd/dhcpcd-eth0.lease

I deleted the following file :

 sudo rm -f /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/dhcpcd@eth0.service 

And it worked !

Thx a lot for your answer !

Yance wrote:

Wrong folder. The unit in folder /usr/lib/systemd/system/

Yes indeed, I found the file x)

Offline

#9 2016-09-04 14:44:28

bzhao
Member
Registered: 2015-10-31
Posts: 10

Re: Start Job times out for sys-subsystem-net.devices-eth0.device

yance wrote:

Try this https://github.com/systemd/systemd/comm … e247557770. Just remove "After = network.target" from systemd-user-sessions.service unit. But you better make backup for original file rather than just modified the file.

it works for me!

sudo vi /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/dhcpcd@net0.service

my NIC is named as net0

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB