You are not logged in.

#1 2016-08-15 23:22:25

shellback

[Solved] cursor theme not persistent

Hello!

I'm starting to be a little anoyed atm. I currently have 2 computers with arch installed. One is configured the way I want and now I'm about to set up the other computer with the same settings. But I can't for my life get the cursor theme to get persistent everywhere, even if it works allright on the first computer.

My DE is xfce. On my main computer it was only to choose the theme in xfce prefference and then change the value in "org > gnome > desktop > interface > cursor-theme" to the same theme. But on this second computer, it still isn't the choosen cursor everywhere. I have spent hours searching for a solution and tried most of them without a sucess.

I have edited /usr/share/icons/default/index.theme and changed inherits to my theme, did not help (it did though make the theme being partly used in lightdm-gtk-greeter, bot not everywhere there either)

I have make a symlink in the default folder mentioned above to the "cursors" folder in the desired theme, this didn't help either.

Have erased the whole default folder and made a symlink to the desired theme folder with the name default, nada...

I have added the value XCURSOR_THEME="whatever-theme" to /etc/environment, still the same...

Does anyone have a good idea to solve this, I'm starting to loose it here?

(tell me if U whant more data/info)

*Edit: Solved this myself... Seems some symlink files in the cursors folder didn't get copied correctly. Fresh unpack from original archive solved the problem

Last edited by shellback (2016-08-16 00:06:37)

Board footer