You are not logged in.

#1 2016-09-20 15:19:20

toothandnail

Removing infinality bundle and fonts

I installed the infinality packages as an experiment, but I've been having major problems with a trust problem. Decided to remove the packages until I can find out why I'm getting trust issues after importing the key as instructed. Only to hit another problem - I can't remove the infinality packages either...

I tried this:

fang@altair ~]$ sudo pacman -S --asdeps freetype2 cairo fontconfig lib32-fontconfig lib32-cairo ttf-ubuntu-font-family ttf-droid ttf-liberation ttf-dejavu

Which comes up with the following errors:

looking for conflicting packages...
:: cairo and cairo-infinality-ultimate are in conflict. Remove cairo-infinality-ultimate? [y/N] y
:: fontconfig and fontconfig-infinality-ultimate are in conflict. Remove fontconfig-infinality-ultimate? [y/N] y
:: freetype2 and freetype2-infinality-ultimate are in conflict. Remove freetype2-infinality-ultimate? [y/N] y
:: lib32-cairo and lib32-cairo-infinality-ultimate are in conflict. Remove lib32-cairo-infinality-ultimate? [y/N] y
:: lib32-fontconfig and lib32-fontconfig-infinality-ultimate are in conflict. Remove lib32-fontconfig-infinality-ultimate? [y/N] y
:: ttf-dejavu and ttf-dejavu-ib are in conflict. Remove ttf-dejavu-ib? [y/N] y
:: ttf-droid and ttf-droid-ib are in conflict. Remove ttf-droid-ib? [y/N] y
:: ttf-liberation and ttf-liberation-ib are in conflict. Remove ttf-liberation-ib? [y/N] y
:: ttf-ubuntu-font-family and ttf-ubuntu-font-family-ib are in conflict. Remove ttf-ubuntu-font-family-ib? [y/N] y
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: ibfonts-meta-base: removing ttf-dejavu-ib breaks dependency 'ttf-dejavu-ib'
:: ibfonts-meta-base: removing ttf-liberation-ib breaks dependency 'ttf-liberation-ib'
:: ibfonts-meta-extended-lt: removing ttf-droid-ib breaks dependency 'ttf-droid-ib'
:: ibfonts-meta-extended-lt: removing ttf-ubuntu-font-family-ib breaks dependency 'ttf-ubuntu-font-family-ib'
:: lib32-freetype2-infinality-ultimate: removing freetype2-infinality-ultimate breaks dependency 'freetype2-infinality-ultimate'

I've tried every variation I can think of, but so far I've had no luck getting rid of any of the infinality packages. Can someone suggest how I resolve the dependency issues I'm seeing? Searching hasn't helped and I'd really like to get the system back to standard.

Paul.

#2 2016-09-20 15:27:04

ewaller
Administrator

Re: Removing infinality bundle and fonts

Uninstall ibfonts-meta-base ibfonts-meta-extended-lt and lib32-freetype2-infinality-ultimate first

Last edited by ewaller (2016-09-20 15:27:29)

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2016-09-20 16:18:06

toothandnail

Re: Removing infinality bundle and fonts

ewaller wrote:

Uninstall ibfonts-meta-base ibfonts-meta-extended-lt and lib32-freetype2-infinality-ultimate first

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, it doesn't work either:

[fang@altair ~]$ sudo pacman -R ibfonts-meta-base ibfonts-meta-extended-lt lib32-freetype2-infinality-ultimate 
checking dependencies...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: ibfonts-meta-extended: removing ibfonts-meta-extended-lt breaks dependency 'ibfonts-meta-extended-lt'
:: lib32-fontconfig-infinality-ultimate: removing lib32-freetype2-infinality-ultimate breaks dependency 'lib32-freetype2-infinality-ultimate'
:: lib32-harfbuzz: removing lib32-freetype2-infinality-ultimate breaks dependency 'lib32-freetype2'

Paul.

Board footer