You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-04 09:24:44

telis80

[Solved] System will not boot after chroot

Hi, i had a problem with a package which was missing and the system wouldn't boot, i chrooted, i installed the package, but now the computer wont start three services : ModemManager, NetworkManager and Login Service. And it hangs after "See systemctl status systemd-logind.service for details" . I dont know where is the problem, but i cant systemctl from the chroot, i can provide anything you ask from the chroot. Any help appreciated.

Screenshot : http://i68.tinypic.com/140k85l.jpg

Last edited by telis80 (2016-12-04 11:08:58)

I live at the Internet
-Edward Snowden

#2 2016-12-04 11:08:43

telis80

Re: [Solved] System will not boot after chroot

I just fixed it! Looks like i messed up with systemd, i changed it to non git version and its fixed.

I live at the Internet
-Edward Snowden

#3 2016-12-04 12:32:47

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: [Solved] System will not boot after chroot

That would be the problem.  You continie flailing wildly and cluelessly and I have no idea what could possibly inspire you to use a development version of systemd especially given your obvious cluelessness.  Apparently you missed in the comments of that abandonded package that it is completely broken.

Stop trying to find creative "fixes" and just follow the official documentation to install and run archlinux properly.

Also, for any futiure questions you ask on these forums, be sure to include such essential information about ridiculous things you have done so you don't (continue to) waste everyone's time.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

Board footer