You are not logged in.

#1 2021-07-12 21:45:45

Darknesscrysis

Improve duckduckgo keywords

The duckduckgo keywords for archlinux could be defined to follow a similar pattern so they are easier to remember. The ones there are right now are kind of a mess:

Archlinux Forums !archlinux
ArchLinux Packages !apackages
ArchLinux Bugtracker !archbugs
Arch Linux !archlinuxit
wiki.archlinux.de !awde
ArchLinux Wiki !arch
Archlinux packages !apck
ArchLinux Package Search !archpackages
Wiki Français Archlinux !archlinuxfr
archlinux wiki pl !archpl
archlinux.fr !archfr
ArchLinux User Repository !archaur
wiki.archlinux.de !archde

I think we should make a poll to find the ones that more people like and just ask them to set those and remove the rest. Of course the problem would be that some keywords may already be used for something else. I create a poll just in case people like the idea:

https://pollunit.com/polls/nngm4jetfuguazen1tr24a

I for example would say it would be better if they all started with al or arch and continue with no more than 3 letters.

#2 2021-07-12 21:53:26

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: Improve duckduckgo keywords

There are many others including !pac !pacman !pkg for arch packages, !aw for the wiki, and !aur for the aur.  Anyone idiot can submit new keywords to DDG, and most of them do.  Adding more will not solve the problem.

Last edited by Trilby (2021-07-12 21:54:15)

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#3 2021-07-12 22:41:59

Darknesscrysis

Darknesscrysis wrote:

just ask them to set those and remove the rest

That's what I mean, we should leave the ones that most people like and remove the rest.

#4 2021-07-12 22:54:00

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Yes, but all of these exist because someone wanted them.  I highly doubt you'll get DDG to remove them, and if you do, someone else will just reinstate them.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

Board footer