You are not logged in.

#1 2007-06-14 20:14:39

congyiwu

pidgin and kopete not auto reconnecting consistently?

I have a laptop with the Intel ipw3945 wifi card.  wifi works, but often, when I walk around and switch access points (in a college wifi network where all the essid's are the same) or lose my signal, pidgin will disconnect and show that Error resolving.../Temporary error... button on the buddy list.  The wifi card will reconnect automatically after I lose the signal, and everything else will work, but pidgin will refuse to reconnect at all unless I exit it and restart it.

I used to have the same problem with kopete (I miss the autoscroll on the buddy list), but not with gaim.

I searched through the bug tracker for pidgin, didn't find what I was looking for.  Could this be a configuration problem that only I have, or is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

#2 2009-06-01 01:20:03

admasnd

Re: pidgin and kopete not auto reconnecting consistently?

I also get errors pertaining to resolving the servers for aim and yahoo. I replaced the server url with the exact ip address in the advanced settings for the account. I got the ip address by pinging the urls. The fix works, but I'm not sure why it can't resolve on it's own.

Board footer