You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-07 15:46:48

mentallaxative
Website

[SOLVED] Pcmanfm and Thunar do not show pen drives after udev upgrade

Hi all,

I upgraded Arch today and found that my usb pen drive was not showing up in Pcmanfm available for me to mount. I reinstalled Thunar from my cache and found it too could not 'see' the pen drive. I first tried downgrading hal to the previous version, and that did not fix anything.

I then downgraded udev to the previous version and found the usb drive correctly appearing in both file managers.

I checked /var/log/daemon.log and found no errors. There was nothing to indicate anything had been mounted before I had downgraded udev.

Please advise me on anything I should do--is this a bug, should I investigate further, or have I forgotten to configure something new?

Thanks.

added: I checked bug tracker and there seems to be a new bug related to mounting of an NTFS drive possibly due to udev. This is a FAT32 pen drive, so I am not sure if it is applicable... hmm
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/11675

added again: rebooting fixed it for me. Thank you everyone.

Last edited by mentallaxative (2008-10-08 17:02:44)

#2 2008-10-07 19:15:36

ninian
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Pcmanfm and Thunar do not show pen drives after udev upgrade

I noticed this happening as well after my upgrade yesterday (PCManFM and Nautilus). But then I remembered to ... reboot and everything seems happy again. wink

PS: This includes VFAT, ext2 and NTFS formatted flash drives

Last edited by ninian (2008-10-07 19:17:40)

#3 2008-10-07 21:21:24

Diaz

Re: [SOLVED] Pcmanfm and Thunar do not show pen drives after udev upgrade

only ntfs to me, but it's a problem.

Board footer