You are not logged in.

#1 2008-12-07 17:51:29

nameless_mutant

netbook-remix - archstyle

Hi everyone!
Just bought me an eeepc (904HD with an 160GB harddisk) a few weeks ago and tried ubuntu with netbook-remix yesterday. Sooo... as I didn't want to leave arch or clutter my hd with too many distributions, I shorthandedly ported the netbook-interface stuff and it's in AUR now.
There's no meta package or anything, so here's the packages I uploaded that you need to try it: go-home-applet, window-picker-applet, maximus, human-theme, human-netbook-theme, netbook-launcher.
Once installed..
Add maximus and netbook-launcher to gnomes startup in gnome-session-properties;
delete the bottom panel;
setup top panel like: GoHomeApplet|WindowPickerApplet|NotificationArea|MixerApplet|Clock;
restart session and there you go.

hope you like it.
see ya

btw: Tthe dependencies in the PKGBUILD's may or may not be complete, but assuming you have installed gnome with pacman -S gnome (and gnome-extra if thats not enough) you should have everything needed. Gonna work on that when I have time again.

#2 2009-05-28 13:52:11

cedricmordrin

Re: netbook-remix - archstyle

Can you provide a little more detail on your process.
I tried this last night and the UNR interface loads but is not responsive and the top panel disappears.  Currently I am updating the pckgbuilds to point to the newer versions to see if that might help.

Thanks

Board footer