You are not logged in.

#1 2008-12-11 20:27:12

X/ax
Website

Xorg issues [another]

After the upgrade of Xorg, I had (as everyone, reading a lot here), some issues.
I followed the wiki, set up the hal policies (as described), etc... But still, my Xorg doesn't find any mouse / keyboard.

xorg conf: http://earth.dynalias.net/xorg.conf << This was actually the old one, and seems to have been outdated for a while

My laptop has 3 mouses (one usb, one joystick-ish, and one synaptic-supporting mousepad), none work even near to properly with the hal configurations even.
Keyboard is non responsive on anything I try. Unless I'm not using any xorg.conf, at that point, he falls back to vesa, and the only thing I can do is switch terminals. (In which I can type at least)

So, that being said, I'm willing to provide with any information, but I'm not willing to go to disable hotplugging, reason for that is that I already tried it and it worked splendid, until at some point (estimated after 30 mins), my mouse clicks are non-responsive, and when I move my mouse, my focus of windows doesn't change, as it should in xmonad...

Please ^^

My coding blog (or an attempt at it)
Archer start page (or an attempt at it)

#2 2008-12-12 04:02:46

zeratul289

Re: Xorg issues [another]

Could you post the contents of /var/log/Xorg.0.log?

#3 2008-12-12 09:30:33

X/ax
Website

http://rafb.net/p/P79HSq95.html << Xorg log with an empty xorg.conf
http://rafb.net/p/8M3rVq90.html << Xorg log with the above described xorg.conf

I hope this helps smile

#4 2008-12-12 17:17:02

zeratul289

Both logs are showing:

(WW) AllowEmptyInput is on, devices using drivers 'kbd' or 'mouse' will be disabled.
(WW) Disabling Keyboard0
(WW) Disabling Mouse0

Which leads me to believe there is actually something in the first xorg.conf config file (despite it supposedly being empty). And even with an empty config file, you're still getting the nvidia driver loaded, which is fine.

Could you try this xorg.conf: http://rafb.net/p/StKujG46.html and see how it works out?

Last edited by zeratul289 (2008-12-12 17:29:51)

#5 2008-12-12 18:59:13

X/ax
Website

http://rafb.net/p/4X8gY973.html << Xorg log when I used your xorg.conf without any hal devices configured
http://rafb.net/p/W8i7jh27.html << Log when I copied the fdi policies to /etc/hal/fdi/policy/

Notice how X complains about not finding a mouse or keyboard...

#6 2008-12-12 19:30:51

zeratul289

Probably a silly question, but the HAL daemon is running, right?

Also, can you confirm you have the packages xf86-input-keyboard, xf86-input-mouse and xf86-input-evdev installed?

Last edited by zeratul289 (2008-12-12 20:06:48)

#7 2008-12-14 10:03:19

X/ax
Website

The hal is in my DAEMONS section, and all of those packages are installed :S

#8 2008-12-14 16:42:32

zeratul289

Well, this isn't very helpful, but I'm out of ideas! If you use a custom kernel, then perhaps check you have the correct drivers for your input devices compiled in or as a module. Apart from that, I don't know what else to suggest. Either hal isn't picking up the devices for whatever reason, or xorg isn't listening to it.

Also, I wouldn't worry about these lines, they always occur when no input devices are explicitly defined in the xorg.conf:

(II) Cannot locate a core pointer device.
(II) Cannot locate a core keyboard device.
(II) The server relies on HAL to provide the list of input devices.
    If no devices become available, reconfigure HAL or disable AllowEmptyInput.

Sorry I couldn't be more help sad.

#9 2008-12-14 16:49:02

pointone
Wiki Admin

All your links to logs have stopped working. Please re-port your most recent Xorg.0.log (and simply post it on the forum with 'code' tags... no need for this external linking)

By chance, are you backgrounding hal's startup in your rc.conf? You must ensure hal has completely started before X is loaded. If hal is backgrounded and X starts while hal is loading, X will not use hal.

M*cr*s*ft: Who needs quality when you have marketing?

#10 2008-12-14 21:10:34

X/ax
Website

pointone wrote:

All your links to logs have stopped working. Please re-port your most recent Xorg.0.log (and simply post it on the forum with 'code' tags... no need for this external linking)

By chance, are you backgrounding hal's startup in your rc.conf? You must ensure hal has completely started before X is loaded. If hal is backgrounded and X starts while hal is loading, X will not use hal.

Sorry for the logs, I'll fix those asap...
As for backgrounding hal, I do recall that, but I'm not sure (yet), I'll try and check asap...

#11 2008-12-14 21:43:23

X/ax
Website

I've got some good and some bad news.
The good news is, I've "solved" the issue -> I discovered upon checking rc.conf that the module evdev was blacklisted (quite needed by the new X server)
The bad news is... 2 secs after logging in, my mouse "broke", it moves, but moving it doesn't change things (doesn't change focus e.g.), nor does clicking actually do something...

Board footer