You are not logged in.

#1 2009-05-18 11:12:00

mabender

Offline Installation of Large Group Packages

Hey.  I'm trying to install xorg and fluxbox offline.  I followed the wiki article about Offline Installation and everything works fine up until the pacman -S command.  First I tried without building a repository, then with, but neither approach worked.

I get past the package list confirmation and then pacman fails looking for the first package from the ftp repositories.  Everything is setup correctly and the repository and pacman.conf are all working fine.  Is there any way to do this without building a massive pacman -S statement listing all the packages?

Mike

#2 2009-05-18 15:44:34

mike_93

Re: Offline Installation of Large Group Packages

Just cd to the directory holding all the packages and a

pacman -U ./*

might work, I've never tried it, but I think it should.

Double booting Arch Linux and Linux Mint
Reader of XKCD

#3 2009-05-18 19:10:34

darie

You could also do something like this:

pacman -U $(ls -1)

If you have an alias on ls (like ls="ls -l") then do unalias ls before wink

#4 2009-05-18 19:38:54

bender02

I think you're have something set up wrong, since if you've downloaded the packages to the pacman's cache directory, it automatically picks them up. In other words, it tries to download *only if* it doesn't find them in cache.
So for instance:
- with the default setup, if you download the packages to /var/cache/pacman/pkg, it installs fine
- with your custom repo, make sure that the repo is listed first in pacman.conf (so that pacman associates the packages with your repo, not with [extra])

#5 2009-05-18 22:25:13

mabender

Thanks.  Both Pacman -U and the repo placement in pacman.conf helped solve that problem.  Now I got xorg, hal, and hwd installed according to the Xorg wiki.  Everything was working fine until I installed my intel video drivers.  Now hal won't start and no keyboard or mouse drivers load on startx.  I've tried reinstalling hal and resetting xorg.conf with no luck.  I'll google around but any help would be much appreciated.

#6 2009-05-19 08:29:13

mabender

Uinstalled, reinstalled, and now it's all working.

Board footer