You are not logged in.

#1 2009-05-22 11:17:45

KimTjik

PekWM: a couple of "bugs" maybe?

I just want to check with this forum before I go further. It's not crucial but kind of odd.

1.) I've configured HAL to manage keyboard layouts, in my case "se", "us" and "ru". I toggle by alt+shift. Funny thing is that activating "us" or "ru" keyboard disables some functionality in PekWM. Keybindings work but mouse actions becomes disabled; can't move windows and can't activate menus and so on. Mouse actions only works when toggling back to "se" keyboard layout which is default.

2.) What I found most odd - the above might have several explanation but this is kind of default behaviour - is that keybindings might not work on an empty window. For example mod4+e will fire up a terminal, but on an empty window that might not work, however if I right click on the mouse to open the root-menu then suddenly keybindings become active again.

I'm at work where my computer is running Arch i686 with open-chrome drivers. I'll return home tomorrow and will check whether the same applies to other configurations as well.

Board footer