You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-11 20:28:09

TheGreatGonzo
Website

KDM Login Problems.....

Good evening.

I have a Thinkpad R61e which I have been running KDE 4 on for over 7 months no problem.  I tried to use Shaman to update my system last night and had an error caused by the fact the Community Repo seem to be unaccessable.  I went to bed and thought I would try again tonight.

Only I went to log in an I have no Keyboard and Mouse (or trackpad) when I get to KDM.  After repeated reboots I found that it appears HAL is failing to start.

So I'm not sure how to round this.  I was hoping to boot to level 3 and login and update using pacman and see if that resolved the problem but I seem to not be able to boot to level 3 (I post fixed by boot param with 3..... I thought that was how you'd get to level 3 but apparently not!! yikes )

Help!!

Can someone at least tell me how to boot to a command login so I can attempt to resolve this?

"Oh, uh, good question. Now technically speaking, uhh, let's say, put me down as a... 'Whatever'?" - TheGreatGonzo.

#2 2009-06-12 16:47:15

ashunter

Re: KDM Login Problems.....

Reboot to get the grub menu,press "e" key to edit it,add " linux single" (notice that there is a space before "linux" ) behind the kernel line,and the press "b" key to boot,then you will be asked to login without kdm start.

Board footer