You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-01 20:02:56

jpalan

How to disable the Next Generation Java Plug-in?

How to get to use the classic plugin, that is the question. The NG plug-in was introduced in 6u10 and I have 6u14.

That is, if it's on in the first place (I have no idea).

I was told to turn it off when I complained to a company about an applet which doesn't work so well (it kind of works but is frustrating to use, animations are anything but smooth, random delays in drawing graphics and things like that), and apparently the new plugin is suspected to cause the problems (which other customers haven't reported).

Windows version of java has the option to turn it off and Sun has instructions on how to turn it off, but in Linux there is no such an option in Java Control Panel and if it's possible to do in Linux, googling and searching forums didn't really help.:(

Of course I could try downgrade, but I suspect there is no ready package for 6u9 nowhere to be found and the cvs pkgbuild I found in AUR proved to be too bitchy for me and would require more editing than simply changing version number and md5 sums.

#2 2009-07-22 20:59:14

ndowens
Website

Re: How to disable the Next Generation Java Plug-in?

if u mean to stop java, u can remove it from the plugin dir of ur browser, then no java.

My site: ndowens.tk

#3 2009-07-24 20:04:58

djszapi
Website

Re: How to disable the Next Generation Java Plug-in?

Hello jpalan!

Last case, you can make a PKGBUILD for on older version on your local pc, according to a working PKGBUILD.

Board footer