You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-13 22:43:43

ZeroTruths

Assigning global mouse actions in Awesome3

So here's the deal.
I use a Logitech VX Nano Wireless mouse (Love it btw) and while initially I didn't find a need for some of the extra buttons, I've now grown use to them.
More specifically, in Openbox, I mapped the tilt Right/Left action of the scroll wheel to adjust the volume (up/down, repectively), however I'm having a little bit of trouble in Awesome. I'm not sure how to set tis up in Awesome to be a global action. (And yes, I made sure that all buttons were being detected in xev)

So any ideas?

#2 2009-07-14 00:17:12

alterecco

Re: Assigning global mouse actions in Awesome3

As far as I know Awesome will only grab mouse buttons passed to an awesome "zone", be that the desktop, a wibox or similar. I have found no way of letting it sit between my mouse and any app (and I am not sure that it should). For complete control over your mouse events, I can recommend looking at evrouter. It is very capable, and I have had no problems with it so far. You can remap your mouse buttons to other mouse buttons, or to keypresses, including the X specific ones like XF86AudioLowerVolume. This in turn can be caught in Awesome.

.]

Board footer