You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-20 16:43:57

playdafunkimuzic

Openbox questions, panel questions

Does anyone know of an openbox panel that can give thumbnail previews when you hover the mouse over them, or something similar?

Or, when you do middle click on the desktop have a little window preview next to the title of the windows?

Lastly, what terminal is recommended? Is there any terminal that changes the window title based on directory or file opened in vim, or something of the sort? Is that possible?

#2 2009-07-20 18:26:08

Trent

Re: Openbox questions, panel questions

Changing the title of the terminal depends on both the terminal and the program in use.  It works with vim and urxvt on my machine, but I think it works with most terminals as well.

#3 2009-07-20 19:33:39

Knute

Thumbnail previews???  Not that I know of.   If you are looking for pagers, there are tons of those.

As for changing the window title, that isn't terminal specific.  It's shell specific.

What that means is that you have to tell your shell (bash, zsh, ksh, etc....) to change the title in a terminal window, and it will do that.

As for terminals, well, there are quite a few of those out there.    urxvt (rxvt-unicode), rxvt, xterm, aterm, wterm, gnome-terminal, etc.... 
Take your pick!  smile

Knute

#4 2009-07-20 21:48:01

pogeymanz

The thumbnail preview thing wouldn't likely be handled by the panel.

I know that Compiz has a plugin to do that that works with gnome-panel and xfce4-panel. But I'm guess that to do such in Openbox would require some third party app + compositing.

Board footer